I had never made scalloped potatoes before today. I looked at over 5 recipes and wasn’t happy with any of them. So, I took bits and pieces of different recipes and added an idea of my own. Below is the result of the concoction. It is not the typical scalloped potatoes but all of the major ingredients are there and it tastes great. Plus, 4 out of the 5 ingredients are organic. The only ingredient I haven’t found in an organic variety is cream cheese… one day.
- 4 oz – Neufchâtel cheese (1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 c – sour cream
- 1 1/2 c – half and half
- 3 lbs – red potatoes
- 8 oz – shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and half and half in a bowl.
- Thinly slice potatoes, place in bowl with cheese mixture, and gently mix to coat potatoes.
- Spoon into 9″ x 13″ baking dish and scatter 2 oz of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour until cooked through.
Serving size 8oz
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 15.7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Protein: 11g
Makes 10 servings